Saturday, 20 October 2018, St John Cantius
Missa Cantata in the EF, 9.00 am.
Introit: Miseratio hominis
Gradual: Confiteantur Domino
Alleluia: Manum suam
Offertory: Justitia indutus sum
Communion: Date et dabite vobis
Ordinary from Mass XII (Pater cuncta) PBC, p. 61. No Credo.
The Introit antiphon has three phrases:
- Miseratio hominis circa proximum
- misericordia autem Dei super omnem carnem.
- Qui misericordiam habet docet et erudit quasi pastor gregem suam
The compassion of man is toward his neighbor; but the mercy of God is upon all flesh. He has mercy, and teaches and corrects, as a shepherd his flock.
The Gradual has two phrases in the corpus and two in the verse:
- Confiteantur Domino misericordia ejus
- Et mirabilia ejus filiis hominum
- Quia satiavit animam inanem
- Et animam esurientem satiavit bonis.
Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to Him: and His wonderful works to the children of men. V. For He has satisfied the empty soul and filled the hungry soul with good things.
The Alleluia verse has two phrases:
- Manum suam aperuit inopi
- Et palmas suas extendit ad pauperem
He has opened His hand to the needy and stretched out His hands to the poor.
The Offertory has four phrases:
- Justitia indutus sum et vestivi me
- Sicut vestimento et diademate judicio meo
- Oculus fui caeco et pes claudo
- Pater eram pauperum
I was clad with justice and I clothed myself with my judgment, as with a robe and a diadem; I was an eye to the blind, and a foot to the lame; I was the father of the poor.
The Communion antiphon has three phrases:
- Date et dabitur vobis
- Mensuram bonam et confertam et coagitatam
- Et supereffluentam dabunt in sinum vestrum
Give and it shall be given to you: good measure, and pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall they give into your bosom.